In our work we attempt to improve the understanding of technology's role in society and develop new approaches to shape technological change. Main research questions are:
What are the social, ecological and health impacts of technologies and products?
How can socially and environmentally sound innovations be facilitated?
How can technology design be organised along more democratic and transparent lines?
Our fields of research
- Feministic technology research
- Innovation research
- Participatory technology design
- Risk research
- Science, technology and society
- Sustainability research
- Technology assessment
- Multidisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity
- Involving users and stakeholders in the research process
- Integrating research and consultation
- Policy advice
- Practical relevance and focus on implementation
- Initiating social and institutional learning processes
- Science communication